Home Health Aide
Home Health Aide Services in Galloway, New Jersey
The Division of Medical Assistance and Health Services’ Home Care Services manual, describes “Homemaker-home health aide services as performed by a certified homemaker-home health aide in the recipient’s place of residence, under the supervision of a registered professional nurse, as certified by a physician in accordance with a written plan of care”. An aide has successfully completed a training program in personal care services approved by the New Jersey Board of Nursing and works under the direction and supervision of a home health agency registered professional nurse. Services include:
- Personal care
- Health related tasks
- Household duties
In all areas of service, the homemaker-home health aide encourages the well members of the family, if any, to carry their share of responsibility for the care of the patient as per the written plan of care. Household duties are covered services only when combined with personal care and other health services provided by the home health agency. Household duties can include such services as:
- cleaning the patient’s room
- personal laundry
- Medication reminders
- Skincare and make up
- Escort to doctor’s appointment, dinner, social events and friends visits.
- Meal planning and preparation.
- Personal care services can include assisting the client with grooming, bathing, toileting, eating, dressing, and ambulation.
- Safe supervision for seniors with dementia